Job Title: Service Coordinator
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Shift: 1st Shift with ability to be scheduled between 8:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.
Travel: Not applicable
Reports to: VP of Operations
Department: Service Coordination
Location: NuQuest – Longwood, FL
Employee must have a clear understanding of the legal and regulatory concepts of the MSP Compliance statutes. Has the authority to make an independent choice on the direction of the referral. Performs office work related to general business operations. Coordinates the activities for processing referrals received by NuQuest and works closely with Medical Cost Projection Specialists as well as with customers to fulfill responsibilities.
- Coordinates referrals for NuQuest services on a national basis.
- Provides all parties with information and documentation needed to perform requested service in a timely manner, educates customers on services available and on MSP Compliance, assists in any way possible to ensure quality, timely service delivery and a high level of customer satisfaction. Employee acts as an advisory to our clients as an expert in MSP Compliance.
- Data entry into NuQuest’s proprietary application of all referral intake information including customer, claimant demographics, type of services requested, special circumstances or requests. Types or word processes a variety of materials, including letters, memoranda, charts, interoffice communications, confidential reports, spreadsheets, and other correspondence, as requested by the Production Manager, with responsibility for format, arrangement of attachments, correct spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- Sets up and maintains files of documents and records as instructed by the Production Manager ensuring accurate and logical organization of files; maintains confidential files as necessary.
- Receives, screens, and routes incoming telephone calls; resolves routine problems requiring knowledge of department policies and procedures; provides information.
- Provides interpretations of CMS Memorandums on a case to case basis to clients. Determines how Medicare’s interest will need to be protected with a WC or liability Settlement.
- Supports team cohesiveness through on-going diplomatic effective written and verbal communication. Supports the goals and philosophy of NuQuest as a whole.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Planning/organizing – the individual priorities and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
- Interpersonal skills – the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things
- Oral communication – the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Written communication – the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Strong data entry skills alpha and numeric – the individual enters data proficiently and accurately while listening to data provided to them verbally
- Must be detail oriented – the individual has the ability to identify and interpret finite details contained within MSP statutes and CMS communications.
- Strong research and analysis skills – the individual must be able to research and analyze claims content and MSP statutes to ensure professional counsel and guidance provided to clients fully comply with MSP statutes and CMS regulations.
- Demonstrates strong decisiveness – the individual must be able to make appropriate, unwavering decisions that uphold the protection of Medicare’s interest in the settlement of a claim.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Exceptional telephone demeanor
- 3-5 Years of experience in Workers Compensation
- Workers’ Compensation Adjuster License
- Work is done primarily indoors, office environment, low to moderate noise levels
Physical requirements necessary on a regular basis:
- Speech and hearing sufficient for in-person and telephone communications 7 – 8 hours per day
- Vision sufficient for the use of computer monitors 7 – 8 hours per day
- Manual dexterity, arm and upper body range of motion sufficient for use of a keyboard, mouse, and telephone 7-8 hours per day
- Ability to sit and/or stand within a confined cubicle or workstation for 7 – 8 hours per day
- Ability to work in moderately noisy call center conditions 7 – 8 hours per day
- Ability to manage a moderate level of job related stress
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of the duties of this position listed above. Other appropriate duties may be required from time to time.
When duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and is subject to changes due to business necessity.
NuQuest, a subsidiary of Brown and Brown, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.
Interested candidates may submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org